Horseback Riding Guide
Riding is a great way to enjoy the outdoors - and spring, in particular - come on, let's "Saddle Up"
This site lists all the stables throughout the Poconos. If you have a horse you want to board here, view our directory further down this page.
Those looking to rent a horse for a few hours are in luck as there are several really good stables here too. Depending on your level of experience, various outfitters are able to meet the needs of most. So, if you're an experienced rider, several stables have horses that are up to the challenge.
Novice and beginner riders have ample choices, too. Make sure to tell the stable operators what your comfort level and experience is so that they can pair you up with a horse of appropriate disposition.
Horseback riding is not only romantic, its good family fun, too! It's also great exercise - and not just for the horse. View the spectacular scenery of the Poconos while sitting high in the saddle!
Horseback Riding and Stables in the Poconos
Horseback Riding and Stables
Great trails and riding for beginners and novice riders. Open all year, reasonable rates.Deer Path Stables
There are miles and miles of scenic trails for you to enjoy in the beautiful Pocono Mountains. Some rides go through streams and wooded trails. Many of the stables listed here also offer pony and wagon rides. Most horse ranches offer lessons and pony rides and are open all year long.
Many offer overnight accommodations. Most cater to beginners and experienced riders alike. It's truly fun for the whole family!
Some of the ranches in the Poconos offer lodging packages along with horseback riding. Why there's even a famous Dude Ranch here that brings the wild west to the east.
At Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts offers honeymoon couples, offers a free voucher for horseback riding at one of the local stables and discounts are available for other guests.
- Pocono Adventures Riding Stable, Meadowside Road, Mount Pocono, PA 18344 - (570) 839-6333
- Mountain Creek Riding Stable, RR 3, Box 3354, Cresco, PA 18344 - (570) 839-8725 www.mtcreekstable.com
- Pocono Manor Stables at Pocono Manor Inn, Pocono Summit, PA 18346 (570) 839-0925
- Withers Run Stables, PO Box 187, Long Pond, PA 18334 (570) 643-4976
- Hillside Stables, Hawley, PA 18428 (570) 226-3705
- Urban Stables, Urban Road, Hawley, PA 18428 (570) 685-2551
- Colony Horse Ranch, RR 191, Mountainhome, PA 18342 (570) 595-0604
- Deer Path Riding Stables, White Haven, PA 18661 (570) 443-4431 www.deerpathstable.com
- Triple W Riding Stables, (570) 226-2620 www.triplewstable.com
- Hilltop Stables, RR 2 Hawley, PA 18428 - (570)226-3705
- Middle Creek Stables, 434 Hemlock Road, Waymart, PA 18472 (570) 937-4654
- Son America Stables, 435 Jubinsky Road, Waymart, PA 18472 (570) 937-4089
- Meadowbrook Stable, 84 Baldwin Road, Waymart, PA 18472
- Mountain Laurel Riding Stables, 940 State Street, White Haven, PA 18661 (570) 443-5000 www.mountainlaurelresort.com
- Bit by Bit Equestrian Center, 425 Kromer Road, Wind Gap, PA 18091 (610) 863-6616
- Spring Run Stables, Brick Church Road, Saylorsburg, PA 18353 (570) 992-9144
- Sugar Mountain Carriages, West Sugar Mountain Road, Bushkill, PA 18324 (570) 588-3063
- LA Quarter Horse Farms, Lake Ariel, PA 18436 (570) 698-6032
- Ro No Ranch, 352 Hemlock Road, Waymart, PA 18472 (570) 937-4978
- Southland Kennel, 317 Rt 590, Greeley, PA 18425 (570) 685-4577
- Maple Ridge Farm, RR1, White Haven, PA 18661 (570) 443-9597
- JFF Miniature Horses, RR1, Ford Road, Honesdale, PA 18431 (570) 253-3542
- Pocono Country Carriages, 376 Hallet Road, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 (570) 424-6248 www.poconocountrycarriagesinc.com
- Pocono Clydesdales, Pocono Summit, PA 18348 (570) 839-0925
- Skymeadow Farm, 1610 Route 507 Greentown, PA 18426 (570) 676-4600
- Malibu Dude Ranch, RR#4, Box 8265, Milford, PA 18337
Local Info about all things equestrian: The Horse of Delaware Valley
Black Walnut Stables, Milford PA
Located in Milford, PA, this stable also features overnight accommodations at the Black Walnut Inn. Lessons, Trail Rides and Boarding available. View pictures and descriptions of facilities
C & S Stables and Farm
Located in the Northern reaches of the Pocono Mountains about 12 miles north of Honesdale on Route 191, C & S Stables is more farm and fun than working horse ranch. Indoor arena and scenic trail rides. Pony rides, farm animal fun.
Deer Path Horseback Riding Stables
Deer Path Riding Stables offers an enjoyable horseback riding experience in the Poconos of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Ride through forest and fields, stopping at mountain springs. Geared for novice and beginner riders
Malibu Dude Ranch in Milford, Pennsylvania
Visit the oldest working dude ranch in the Eastern US. Stay, play and ride.
Mountain Creek Riding Stable
Enjoy western horseback riding in the heart of the Poconos at Mountain Creek Riding Stables where an easy pace through a mountain creek and 3 miles of wooded trails await. Open all year long, catering to beginner riders
Mountain Laurel Riding Stable
Located in the Western Poconos on 136 wooded acres a the Mountain Laurel Resort and Spa, this stable runs guided rides all year long to riders of all ages and abilities. Reservations recommended, walk-ins accommodated
Pocono Adventures is the most unique riding stable in the country. Outfitters and guide service - the ultimate riding experience for the novice or professional. Located in Mount Pocono
Rock Ridge Ranch
Located in the Delaware River Valley, Rock Ridge Ranch offers riding lessons, horse boarding and trail riding. Horsemanship lessons are available in either Western or English. Within riding distance of the National Park.
Triple "W" Riding Stables
Secluded mountaintop setting near Lake Wallenpaupack features a variety of Western and ranch themes. Enjoy horseback riding from novice to advanced rides, pony rides, camping trips, stagecoach, lessons, and train robbery adventures.